Saturday, November 7, 2015

Thanks for the reminder Dad....


OK, so all of a sudden it's November.  A full week into November. Sheesh - why does this keep happening?? I swear someone is taking pages out of my calendar to skip ahead...

This has been one heck of a year for pretty much everyone I know.  2015 is the year of change?? Um, yeah.  Been strapped into the rollercoaster, and you'd think it would go back to the station at some point. Hmmm...2016 is coming up quick, so just maybe??

"When you know your time is limited, you want to see everything you can."

Something my Dad said while in the hospital when I asked him if he wanted to get some sleep.  After months of ups and downs, the decision had been made to discontinue any life enhancing medications once my brother and his wife arrived and had a chance to visit with him.  As it turned out, we were actually given the gift of almost a week to visit, see relatives we hadn't seen in a long time, reminisce, and laugh - a lot.

Interesting journey over the past few months.  Learned a lot on many levels.  One of the things I realized was that the best times were those where I focused on lightening up a heavy situation. That laughter was the best medicine for everyone involved. Sitting in a hospital room, watching a football game, just enjoying each others company, and getting pretty silly when it was late and we were all just a little too tired - we had a great time amidst a difficult time.

A good friend of mine has a three word motto that he shares and lives by - Hope, Health and Happiness. After going through this process, I realized my own - Light, Love and Laughter.  I intend to bring light, love and laughter wherever I go, to whoever I am with.  (If you see me having a grumpy, complaining day - just remind me. I'm sure I'll be very excited that you did...)

Back to my dad's statement - we all have a limited time here, and we should want to see/experience everything we can.  My dad actually did see and experience a lot, and pushed forward through/around/over many difficult obstacles in order to do so. 

"When you know your time is limited, you want to see everything you can."

The other day I took that as a challenge to see what I am walking right past without seeing and appreciating - in my own yard, and around the building where I work, and I found:












What would you like to see/experience? Why aren't you? What are you missing that's right in front of you?

Thanks for the reminder, Dad.  

Here are just a few photos - and you might also get a clue as to where my laughter and sense of humor comes from....










2 comments:

  1. Nice testimony, Lynette! Great photos. "L3" or is it "3L"? Either way I like it: Light, Love, Laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must remember to remind you of these mottos at work. :) Thank you for sharing. I love the photos!

    ReplyDelete